[Radiance-general] Getting Started

Andy McNeil mcneil.andrew at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:11:50 PDT 2016

Hi Abdul,

Did you see the two tutorials on this page specifically for new Mac users?
Giulio and I prepared them 10 years ago when we were training alot of
people internally at Arup: http://radiance-online.org/learning/tutorials

I know they're dated and sparse, but they still have some useful things.

Since you're starting fresh, maybe you could keep a log of important things
you've learned and then later write them into a tutorial? No one is paid to
write tutorials for Radiance (okay, i was briefly paid for the genBSDF
tutorial but ended up spending more time than I was paid for), and the
community relies on each other to create tutorials. New user tutorials are
particularly difficult to write when you have 15 years under your belt
because you can't remember what you didn't know. Maybe you could turn your
struggle into gold for a new user?

Best,
Andy