[Radiance-general] Getting Started

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 18:11:27 PDT 2016

Hi Abdul,

Google suggests this page for getting started:

	http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/introduction-to-the-mac-os-x-command-line

You can also read all about the default shell (Bash) here:

	http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/bashref.html

Assuming you've installed Radiance correctly, you should be able to access the commands you'll need, which are organized and described here:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/whatis_comp.html

For creating Radiance scene descriptions, the Radiance reference manual is essential reading:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/refer/ray.html

Finally, the Chapter 1 tutorial from "Rendering with Radiance" is still a reasonable place to start once you get everything working.  The chapter also includes a nice introduction to the software, which is embarrassingly current for having been written in 1998:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/book/ch1/ch1.pdf

As a short-cut, the tutorial files are also available from:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/book/ch1/scene0.tar.Z

Best of luck!
-Greg