[Radiance-general] Radiance 5 Installation on Mac and RAYPATH properties

Raghuram Kalyanam kalyanam at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Sat Mar 19 20:29:26 PDT 2016

Hi Alireza,

When I was new to Mac, I had similar questions. I wouldn't say mine is a perfect answer but this what I did. I installed Radiance in my Applications folder, implies my bin, lib folders are here. I have several versions of Radiance installed , if I want to use a particular version of Radiance I just change the Path and Raypath in the .bash_profile file in the home folder. Add the bin path of radiance at the end of already existing PATH variable and Create a RAYPATH similarly and add lib folder path there. Mac Terminal is similar to any Linux terminal and I find it better than the later.

Once the Paths were added you need to refresh the .bash_profile file by logout and login or executing( $ .  .bash_profile ) from home folder.

Installing is similar to that of Linux, instructions are provided on Git readme page. Let me know if you have more questions. Others please feel free to correct me.

Best Regards,
Raghu