[Radiance-general] Radiance 5.0 installation on ubuntu 14.04

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:40:09 PDT 2016

Hi Humberto,

The rfluxmtx command takes over for genklemsamp and calls rcontrib with the options needed for correct operation.  You don't need to specify the bin or the .cal file(s), as rfluxmtx takes care of that part.  You do need to set both the "u=Z" (or whatever) up-direction and the desired hemispherical sampling type (e.g., "h=r4") in your Radiance scene description handed to rfluxmtx as the source or receiver(s).

The reinhartb.cal file is more general than the original reinhart.cal file, and uses slightly different mechanisms (hence the need for a new name).

I hope this helps, and thanks to everyone for pitching in.  I realize that the changes made post-tutorial have caused a good deal of confusion, but we hope to get it all sorted out in the end.

Cheers,
-Greg