[Radiance-general] sudo recontrib

urtza.uriarte at upc.edu urtza.uriarte at upc.edu
Fri Mar 18 04:56:36 PDT 2016

  Dear Andy,

Thank you very much. Lars's and yours permission suggestions have helped
me.
I checked the directories by ls -l :
Every files have "-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root" permission description except
GenericTranslucent20.dat and rang.cal files; "-rwx------ 1 root root.
I changed the permission by "sudo chmod 777 file" and now the two files
have the same permission as others.
(plugins and /usr/local/bin/radiance and /usr/local/bin/radiance have
"drwxrwxrwx 3 root root" description)

I have launched and now it works. Thanks.
(Note that, I put this two files in my folder with padlock and then I run
with sudo and it works but with rcontrib no. Now, it seems that I put
everything ok and I do not need to do that, which could be not good)

Regarding dctimestep, I remove -n 8760 parameter but it seems that I have
problems with Sky Matrix. The steps have been these:

epw2wea ESP_Barcelona.081810_IWEC.epw Barcelona.wea
  place BARCELONA_ESP
  latitude 41.28
  longitude -2.07
  time_zone -15.00
  site_elevation 6.0
  weather_data_file_units 1

  gendaymtx -m 4 Barcelona.wea > Barcelona.smx

  dctimestep photocells.vmx Film3M_145x1297_9142012_t.xml southest.dmx
Barcelona.smx > illum.dat
  fatal - unexpected EOF reading Barcelona.smx

I would be very grateful if you could find the problem. Thank you very much
in advance.
Best regards,
Urtza.