[Radiance-general] rcontrib malloc error

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 14:49:01 PDT 2016

Hi Galen,

I've never seen rcontrib run out of memory in this way before.  What are your rendering options for rcontrib?  Do any of your surfaces have greater than 100% reflectance or transmittance?  This could cause the number of rays to increase rather than decrease on multiple bounces, which could lead to exponential memory growth during ray tree evaluation.

-Greg