[Radiance-general] sudo recontrib

Andy McNeil mcneil.andrew at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:46:18 PDT 2016

It could be that the directory is not in your RAYPATH, but it is in the RAYPATH for root.

Try:
echo $RAYPATH
sudo echo $RAYPATH

Are there any differences in the output?

Also, it could be that your user doesn't have read permission in the directory containing the files. Try using ls -l on every directory in the path to find out (both lower case L).

As a last resort, I'd copy the files to the working directory, change the owner, permissions, and add "." to RAYPATH. I agree with Lars that I'd never use sudo to run user level commands.

Andy