[Radiance-general] Defining glazing properties

Reinier Zeldenrust reinier.zeldenrust at atelierten.com
Mon Mar 7 01:52:42 PST 2016

Hi Chris, Rob,

There is actually a way to extract BSDFs XMLs from Window, but it requires a bit of a roundabout way.

To extract the BSDF XML file from window:

1. Create the window system. Do initial calculation (F9).

2. Enable Radiance calculations (under preferences).

3. Run radiance calculations. This will not work for all materials, some don't have the right information to generate XMLs. If there is an issue saying Radiance is not installed, follow this solution: https://windows.lbl.gov/software/window/7/w7_faq.html#RadianceINI

4. Go to this location C:\Users\Public\LBNL\WINDOW7.3\BSDFs  (might be slightly different if you use a different version) to retrieve the XML BSDF file.

5. Use in Radiance as a BSDF file.

Hope this is helpful.

Reinier Zeldenrust
Senior Environmental Designer / Head of Advanced Building Physics
Atelier Ten
Environmental Design Consultants + Building Services Engineers

Message: 2