[Radiance-general] mirror material ignoring modifier in virtual source calculations

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:34:47 PDT 2016

You are both correct.  Applying the original modifier to the alias works, as does using the "inherit" tag.  One of the purposes of alias'es is to "pull out" a material (or modifier) definition to use with (or within) a different modifier chain.  The "inherit" tag was added later on to simplify alias management when all you wanted to do was essentially reassign materials.  If that's what you want alias'es for, then just get in the habit of using "inherit" in your work.

Cheers,
-Greg