[Radiance-general] Radiance and Daysim

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:08:42 PDT 2016

Ziya

I am copying the Radiance-general mailing list on this conversation. Please
subscribe to the list (
http://radiance-online.org/community/mailing-lists/subscribe/radiance-general-mailing-list)
to follow the discussion there. The list members are far more knowledgeable
about this than I am.

I general I'd say that the octree format was chosen because it is an
efficient way to organize geometry in computer memory if you have to
frequently "query" the geometry for intersections, like during the
rendering calculations.

Daysim uses the octree format because it is a specialized version of
Radiance. Under the hood the data structures are identical.