[Radiance-general] Annual simulation with electrochromic glass

Germán Molina Larrain germolinal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:45:16 PDT 2016

Julien,

A while ago I saw THESE SLIDES
<https://www.radiance-online.org/community/workshops/2014-london/presentations/day2/Mardaljevic-Electrochromic.pdf/view>by
John Mardaljevic... maybe they can help you.

On the other hand, the method I would choose for simulating electrochromic
glass would be using Daylight Coefficients. It may take longer (depending
on the number of windows and states you want to simulate), but it will
consider the true specularity of the glass (BSDFs used in the 3-phase
method will not allow that).

What I often do is to perform a DC simulation for every state of the office
(I usually work with simple offices with a small amount of windows), and
then use a script or spreadsheet to select what is the state at each hour.
The calculation of the state of the window at each hour will depend on the
control strategy...

I hope this helps

Germán