[Radiance-general] Evalglare doesn't seem to have made it over to github

Tim Perry tim.v2.0 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 23:47:43 PST 2016

Just remember git is a directed cyclical graph and you'll get pretty
far.... The Atlasssian tutorials are pretty helpful with diagrams and
pictures to go with descriptions of the commands. Here are some docs to
help you:

synching your dev tree
https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/syncing

what does rebase do?
https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/rewriting-history/git-rebase

Should I merge or rebase?
https://www.atlassian.com/git/articles/git-team-workflows-merge-or-rebase/

Stashing changes in git:
https://git-scm.com/book/no-nb/v1/Git-Tools-Stashing

It is hard to give specified advice on how to sync up your environment with
the code line from github without knowing the specifics of everything you
have done locally. But, to answer your questions, assuming you have
un-commited changes on your branch, you *probably* need:

git stash
git fetch
git rebase
git stash pop

If you don't have uncommitted (to your local repository) changes, you can
skip the stash commands and *probably* just do:

git fetch
git rebase

Note the *probably*. This may not be the correct sequence for your
situation.

Good luck!
Tim