[Radiance-general] Frozen Octree instances in a different location

Terrance McMinn t.mcminn at ocpms.com.au
Tue Aug 23 07:55:18 PDT 2016

I have a Sketchup model with two layers: Building and Site

Due to the export time (su2rad) of the Site layer, I figured I could
switch off the building layer and export the site once create a frozen
octree (oconv -f materials.rad Scene1.rad > octrees/frozen-site.oct)
then instance the site back into the building project with a simple 3
line file:

void instance site_instance
1 octrees/frozen-site.oct
0
0

The unexpected result is that the site is offset to the building. I did
not expect to need to add transform arguments (X, Y, Z) to the instance
definition:

void instance site_instance
5 octrees/frozen-site.oct -t X Y Z
0
0

Am I missing something fundamental and just need to experimentally
determine the offset?

--
Regards
*Terrance McMinn*