[Radiance-general] Preview error - unknown object type "ashik2"

Christopher Rush Christopher.Rush at arup.com
Thu Apr 21 07:15:35 PDT 2016

I’m not sure about the first one, but your problem about X server :0.0 is possibly because the value for your DISPLAY number in your regular terminal doesn’t match your DISPLAY number in X11. I’ll give you some advice based on how it works on a Mac, but your mileage may vary. Open an X11 terminal window (for Mac I do this from the Applications/Utilities folder) and type:

echo $DISPLAY

Check what number is returned. If you’re the second user on the machine to start X11 it’s probably :1.0  so go into your regular terminal window and type

export DISLAY=”:1.0”

To make a more permanent solution you could make such an entry in your .profile or .bash_profile shell login/startup file. You might have to change it each time you restart your machine if your users log in by different order each time you restart (the DISPLAY values are assigned sequentially). You’re probably best off googling this or getting more expert advice specific to your system. But I could try help if you don’t find a clear solution.

-Chris

From: Paulína Šujanová [mailto:paulina.sujanova at stuba.sk]

I also get an X11 error.
XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"