[Radiance-general] Research tools: who what which how?

Germán Molina Larrain germolinal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 05:18:25 PDT 2016

I started using Ruby because the SketchUp API is in that language, and I
think it is a great language with thousands of freely available modules,
tutorials, documentation, etc. It also allows multithreading, which is
awesome.

Some people say it is slow, but since I usually mix Ruby with Radiance, the
slowest parts are always due to the ray-tracing process (increasing
performance on the script will reduce the run time very little).

I understand a lot of people uses Python, though... I have not been able to
get used to that language.

Best,