[Radiance-general] Lo-o-o-ng evalglare times

Randolph M. Fritz rmfritz3 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:34:22 PDT 2016

Thanks. I didn't think to light the screen, duh, despite just having read
that piece of the man page multiple times. To save recalculation I will
probably start using "-b 750" or "-b 1000" instead, which is about five
times the brightness of your typical LCD.

 For the annual glare evaluation using DGP, I've developed another method...

Have you published this method yet?

If you expect, that the contrast between task (e.g. if the 25cd/m2 are
> "real" and people would adapt to this level) and background (e.g.
> 1000cd/m2) is a problem, then I'm afraid that none of the existing glare
> metrics will detect that properly

Ouch! Yes, that makes sense.

Thank you very much.

Randolph