[Radiance-general] Lo-o-o-ng evalglare times

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at epfl.ch
Sat Apr 9 17:30:59 PDT 2016

Hi Randolph,

it's hard to tell without additional information -  calculation time
depends on so many factors, mainly on the amount of glare pixels found
AND on the parameters you are submitting to evalglare.
But 15min is VERY unusual with this size of the image.
run it with the -d option and write also a checkfile with -c . Please
post then the full header of the checkfile (output of getinfo, please
keep all characters of including all tabs and spaces) and the output you
get on standard output.

Do you create the image with a proxy geometry?

Jan

On 10/04/16 02:00, Randolph M. Fritz wrote:
> I'm running evalglare on some 1000x1000 5-phase method output files,
> and getting runtimes in the 15+ minute neighborhood. Is this
> plausible? Or is there something serious wrong here?
>
> --
> Randolph M. Fritz || rmfritz3 at gmail.com <mailto:rmfritz3 at gmail.com>

Dr.-Ing.  Jan Wienold
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
EPFL ENAC IA LIPID

http://people.epfl.ch/jan.wienold
LE 1 111 (Office)
Phone    +41 21 69 30849