[Radiance-general] Irradiation on standing subject with Radiance

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 19:50:38 PDT 2015

Well, the projected area of a cylinder is roughly the diameter times the height times the sine of the angle between the cylinder's axis and the sky patch (or solar disk) direction.  This would work if you didn't have the complex urban surroundings.  With the surroundings, there's no way I know to avoid a more complete view factor calculation, which is what rcontrib gives you.

-Greg