[Radiance-general] Three Phase Method Tutorial - Example 1

Alireza Hashemloo alireh at uw.edu
Mon Nov 30 18:41:22 PST 2015

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your response.

I am working on a Windows 7 (64-bit) operating system and I use GitBash
shell for my command line.
Following the description of the two error messages relative to the two
versions of the Three-Phase Method tutorial, I have provided the exact
command line raising the errors
in the Example #1 of both tutorials:

1- Tutorial Document Title: "The Three-Phase Method for Simulating Complex
Fenestration with Radiance"
    Access Link:
http://www.radiance-online.org/learning/tutorials/Tutorial-ThreePhaseMethod.pdf
    Page # 21
    Command:    $ dctimestep images/vmx/window_%03d.hdr
data/singleclear.xml results/south.dmx skies/12_21_15.skv >
images/122115_clear.hdr
    Error: "fatal - unexpected EOF reading results/south.dmx"

2- Tutorial Document Title: "Radiance Three Phase Method Tutorial"
    Access link:
https://www.gitbook.com/book/andymcneil/three-phase-method-tutorial/details
    Page # 21
    Command:  $ vwrays -fa -vf views/back.vf -x 600 -y 600 | rfluxmtx
`vwrays -vf views/back.vf -x 600 -y 600 -d` -n 8 -fac -ab 12 -ad 50000 -lw
2e-5 - objects/window.rad materials/testroom.mat objects/testroom.rad
    Error: "C:\Radiance\bin\rfluxmtx.exe: missing hemisphere sampling type!"

I hope the referenced commands would help to give a better description of
how the errors are raised.
Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you,
Alireza