[Radiance-general] evalglare: Bad CPU type in executable

Kyle Konis kskonis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 14:13:51 PST 2015

Hi Jan and Rob,

Thanks for the quick response,

No, i just used the NREL installers . . .

Specifically : *radiance-5.0.0-Darwin.dmg*
<https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases/download/5.0/radiance-5.0.0-Darwin.dmg>

from
https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases/tag/5.0

But here's a clue . . .

Since i have an old version of evalglare (and radiance) on my machine, i
deleted evalglare just to see if the installer would replace it.

I also deleted the radiance program "total"

I opened the radiance installer and followed all the steps, and got the
"Installation was successful"  screen.

However no evalglare in /usr/local/ray/bin/evalglare

and no /usr/local/ray/bin/total

So i think my prior issue is probably that i had a very old version of
evalglare on my machine.

And the new issue is that i am expecting the installer to overwrite the
files in /usr/local/ray/bin/ and it seems to not be doing this ( ? )

-Kyle