[Radiance-general] Luminaire modelling using Radiance

Germán Molina Larrain germolinal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:56:40 PST 2015

Hi Greg,

Thanks very much for the information. I tried what you said, and I think
that you might be slightly wrong.

- At First I did what you said... multiplied the original A1 value in
brightdata (127.324) by Pi and by R2 (0.05*0.05) and the returned number
was ridiculously close to 1, which is the -m option I input.

- I checked the surce.cal file, and the boxcorr requires A1, A2, A3 and
A4... the first one being a multiplier and the others being the length,
width and depth of the box. Using A1...A4 = 1 0.1 0.1 0.1, I got the
following results

TOP VIEW <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2NfkTSl19hQVkdzN1JlWFllcE0/view>
BOTTOM VIEW
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2NfkTSl19hQVXRvTXRWYV9hR2s/view?usp=sharing>

One of them is using just ies2rad , the second is using ies2rad -i 0.05 and
the third one is transforming this to a box as explained before.... *THEY
LOOK GOOD TO ME...?*

I think the area and that kind of things has to be used for planar
surfaces. right? I mean, for when we do crazier boxes...?

Regards,

Germán