[Radiance-general] VI-Suite v0.3

Ryan Southall R.Southall at brighton.ac.uk
Sun Nov 8 07:50:47 PST 2015

Dear all.
Just want to announce the availability of VI-Suite version 0.3, my free,
open-source pre/post processor for Radiance and EnergyPlus that functions
as an add-on for Blender.
The LiVi component of the VI-Suite deals with lighting simulations and can
use Radiance to predict glare, Lux, DF, irradiance, radiation exposure,
light exposure, daylight availability and UDI. Experimental support for
the new Photon Mapping component has been included. Results can be
visualised within Blender. It aims to be quick, iterative, and dare I say
playful.
Blog site with tutorial videos can be found at
http://blogs.brighton.ac.uk/visuite/ and the main site with downloads and
manual can be found at http://arts.brighton.ac.uk/projects/vi-suite.

While I am here, for v0.4 I want to incorporate BSDF creation and
simulation. I can create and store the BSDF description within a Blender
object and I can create the Radiance input file with I think the correct
BSDF entry, but I do not see the influence of the BSDF in either the rvu
preview or the rtrace calcs. Should BSDFs work in this simple context or
do they only function with sky patches or a multi-phase method?

Regards

Ryan

--
Dr Ryan Southall