[Radiance-general] fatal - unexpected EOF reading file.smx

urtza.uriarte at upc.edu urtza.uriarte at upc.edu
Fri May 22 08:40:40 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to get annual illuminance data. However, I am having problems
with file.smx. I do not know if the weather file .wea it is ok:

C:\Radiance\test\TheThree-PhaseMethodSimulatingCFS_A-McNeil\Example1\All>epw2wea
   USA_IL_Chicago-Midway.AP.725340_TMY.epw Chicago.wea
  place Chicago/Midway_USA
  latitude 41.78
  longitude 87.75
  time_zone 90.00
  site_elevation 187.0
  weather_data_file_units 1

C:\Radiance\test\TheThree-PhaseMethodSimulatingCFS_A-McNeil\Example1\All>gendaym
    tx -m 4 Chicago.wea > Chicago.smx

C:\Radiance\test\TheThree-PhaseMethodSimulatingCFS_A-McNeil\Example1\All>dctimes
   tep -n 8760 results/photocells.vmx data/singleclear.xml results/south.dmx
Chicag
   o.smx > results/illum_clear.dat
   fatal - unexpected EOF reading Chicago.smx

The file has 213 MB. Do anyone know what is the problem?
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Urtza.