[Radiance-general] Hard-coding .cal and data files

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed May 20 10:20:01 PDT 2015

Hi Sarith,

There is no way to incorporate the luminaire data directly in the Radiance file other than some kind of reference.  What is your concern, exactly?  If you don't want to have the full path name, you can store the data files in the same file as source.cal and take off the leading directory, or add a new directory to your $RAYPATH (or %RAYPATH%) environment variable and put the data files there.

Having many sources refer to a common data file is one way Radiance saves memory when you have many light sources sharing the same distribution.

Best,
-Greg