[Radiance-general] Acrylic Material

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:36:33 PDT 2015

Hi Christy,

This is a case where you may need to use genBSDF to create a virtual system using your prismatic panel, which can be modeled with the genprism command.  You need to pay careful attention to the man page:

	http://www.radiance-online.org/learning/documentation/manual-pages/pdfs/genprism.pdf

In particular, the direction you extrude the surface determines the orientation of the normals, which matters for the dielectric material type.

Following genprism, you can use the xform command with a -a option to repeat the extruded prism as many times as needed with the appropriate positioning (-t option).

The genBSDF command can be used with pkgBSDF to place the final system into your scene.

You could also try rendering using the new photon map routines that have been recently added to the Radiance HEAD by Roland Schregle, but this is only if you have the most up-to-date binaries.

Unfortunately, none of these steps are simple, and this is a good challenge for an advanced Radiance user.  It would probably take me several hours to do, myself.

Cheers,
-Greg