[Radiance-general] Has anyone ever downloaded the “rtcontrib Lesson” document on Radiance-online?

John Mardaljevic J.Mardaljevic at lboro.ac.uk
Fri May 1 07:35:06 PDT 2015

> Axel took down the rtcontrib tutorial as a protest of EFA lighting design
> guidelines for daylight simulation.

> http://www.jaloxa.eu/resources/radiance/documentation/docs/rtcontrib_lesson.pdf

> Robin Mitchell

Indeed, there has been quite a bit of debate about the EFA guidelines in particular, and climate-based daylight modelling in general.  Axel's views on these developments are detailed in an article he wrote for the Lighting Journal last September (see pages 15-17):

http://issuu.com/matrixprint/docs/lightingjournal_september

I've attempted to respond to these and similar concerns in a paper recently presented at the CIBSE Technical Symposium (16th April 2015).  Titled "Climate-based daylight modelling and its discontents" it should be freely available for download from the CIBSE website:

http://www.cibse.org/Knowledge/CIBSE-Technical-Symposium-2015/Climate-based-daylight-modelling-and-its-disconten

Drop me a line if you have difficulty getting hold of it.

Cheers
John

John Mardaljevic PhD FSLL
Professor of Building Daylight Modelling
School of Civil & Building Engineering
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Leicestershire
LE11 3TU, UK

Tel: +44 1509 222630 (Direct)
Tel: +44 1509 228529 (Pam Allen, secretary)

j.mardaljevic at lboro.ac.uk<mailto:j.mardaljevic at lboro.ac.uk>

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/civil-building/staff/mardaljevicjohn

Personal daylighting website:
http://climate-based-daylighting.com