[Radiance-general] dctimestep fatal error

Giuseppe De Michele giudm.87 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 09:13:18 PDT 2015

Dear expert,

I am working with the new 3-phase method arrangement. At the last step,
when I try to run dctimestep for the annual simulation I got an error: "*fatal
– unexpected EOF reading Bolzano.smx"*

Here my command:

dctimestep -n 8760 data/window_up.vmx data/bsdf/cfs.xml data/window_up.dmx
bolzano.smx > results.dat

All the matrices seems to have the right dimensions for the multiplication:

SMX (NCOMP=3, NROWS=146, NCOLS=8670)

DMX (NCOMP=3, NROWS=145, NCOLS=146)

BSDF (145x145)

VMX (NCOMP=3, NROWS=16, NCOLS=145)

Last thing, If I use h=r1 for in the sky definition in the receiver (as
shown in the Andy’s presentation at last Radiance workshop) I got a
warning: "bad bin number (ignored)”

Where I am getting wrong?

Thanks in advance,
*Giuseppe *