[Radiance-general] 3-phase method daylight matrix

Andrew McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 12 10:59:03 PDT 2015

Hi Eleanora,

I'll respond to your other questions since Greg handled the first one.

> Also, when at the end I have one illuminance file per orientation, is it
> correct just to add them together using the rmtxop addition?

Yes, you can add the illuminance files from each window group using rmtxop
to get the combined illuminance from both window groups.

2. As well as the transmission matrix, all the other matrices in the rmtxop
> multiplication can be substituted if I am changing only one condition,
> right? e.g. if I'm testing different grid resolutions I am changing only
> the view matrix and if I use different time steps I'll change only the sky
> matrix.

Yes, that is correct.

Andy