[Radiance-general] IES files-rotation/tilting

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Mon Mar 2 06:35:28 PST 2015

Hi Peter,

I am assuming you have Type C photometry files, perhaps some for a directional, amiable luminaire like a track fixture or something like that. In this case you would convert the ies file to radiance format using ies2ead, and then do your tilting and rotating using the Radiance xform utility to do translations.

See:
http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/man_html/ies2rad.1.html
and
http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/man_html/xform.1.html

There are also extensive examples of how to aim luminaries in Rob Shakespeare's art gallery tutorial in Rendering With Radiance.

hth,

- Rob