[Radiance-general] Weighting factors used in the irradiance calculation

parisa khademagha p.khademagha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:50:48 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I have two questions regarding the weighting factors (0.265, 0.670, 0.065)
that are used in the formula ( I = 0.265 IR+ 0.670 IG + 0.065 IB) with
which one can convert the spectral irradiance triad to irradiance. My first
question is: where these weighting factor come from? Do they incorporate
the spectral sensitivity of the human eye (so called V(λ)) in the
irradiance calculation? My second question is: should the summation of
these weighting factors be always equal to 1.

Thank you in advance,

Parisa