[Radiance-general] 5-phase method model reflectance

Andrew McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 17 14:20:59 PDT 2015

The direct sun coefficient matrix only includes materials in your window
system, assuming you're using pass-through BSDF in you model. So it
shouldn't change when you change other materials. Maybe check that your
materials are actually black using rvu?

There are ways to reduce the amount of time the direct sun coefficient
matrix takes, the most useful is to delete the suns in suns.rad that will
never be used. So if you don't plan on changing the orientation or latitude
in your simulations you can delete suns that fall outside of your solar
band. Also if you're only doing hourly analysis, you could delete suns
between hourly analemas.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 9:56 AM, Eleonora Brembilla <E.Brembilla at lboro.ac.uk