[Radiance-general] Errors while transposing with Rcollate.

Sarith Subramaniam sarith at psu.edu
Mon Jun 15 17:09:13 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a transpose with rcollate. My operating system is Windows.
My file contains rgb triplets arranged in a (8760columns x 60rows) matrix. I
either get a "error loading file into memory" or an incorrect transpose.

I found that I got the same results with a simple ASCII file with tab
separated values. My file contains:

1          2          3          4

5          6          7          8

9          10         11         12

The following commands return "error loading file into memory":

rcollate -h -fa1 -t a.txt >d.txt

rcollate -h -fa1 -ic 4 -oc 3-t a.txt >d.txt

I found that the '-t' flag was responsible for the error, so I tried
explicitly stating the values for columns and rows as:

rcollate -h -fa1 -ic 4 -ir 3 -oc 3 -ir 4 a.txt>d.txt

This gave me.

1          2          3

4          5          6

7          8          9