[Radiance-general] instructions for compiling pre-releases

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Fri Jul 31 08:49:43 PDT 2015

What's missing? There may be some missing teeth in the CMake files,
resulting in incomplete installs. To clarify, I assume you want to use the
photon map stuff.(?) Those new programs (mkpmap, etc) are getting built,
but perhaps the "install" target is not quite right. So: what platform are
you trying to do this on, what is your workflow, and what is missing or
not working? Apologies that there aren't instructions for using the CMake
stuff in the Radiance source; it's on the list of things to do. Basically
you use CMake to generate the makefiles, and then just use make like
normal.

You could also use the "makeall" csh script which comes with the source
and is maintained by Greg (and probably Roland now too). That guy has has
always been pretty bulletproof on unix systems. Andy's YouTube vid on
installing Radiance on OSX demonstrates the use of the makeall script; the
process is basically the same for Linux:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptTmdKSfK68

- Rob