[Radiance-general] Questions concerning tutorial 2

Zhe Kong kongzhewode at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:36:41 PDT 2015

Hello everyone!
I’ve been learning Radiance and working on Tutorial Two. Now I’m close to
the results, there’re some errors I can’t fixed. There’re quite
straightforward in the terminal, but I have no clue. I’m wondering if
anyone could help me out. Thank you very much in advance.

1) The terminal says: cannot open scene feel “art_mat.rad”, but I do have
the file in art_lib. After searching all the files with
art_lib/art_mat.rad, I didn’t know what else to do. Additionally, I checked
my .profile and .bashrc, they both have “.” to the RAYPATH variable.

2) The terminal keeps giving me the errors concerning the views, no matter
da or db. For instance, it says “bad view” if I linked the view files to
the ones in view_lib directory. If I just wrote down the view in
scene2_d.rif, it gives me “view up parallel to view direction” (with -vd 0
0 -1 for da). Or “error in overture for view da” if I changed into -vd 0 1
-1. (\

I’m sharing my files below.
Thank you.

--