[Radiance-general] Radiance on windows 7

Giuseppe De Michele giudm.87 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 06:05:49 PST 2015

Hi Jiajie,

I am agree with Germán. I also use Radiance in Windows OS (but 8) and the
only thing required (in addition to the Radiance execution file) is a Perl
interpreter (i.e. Strawberrya and Raspberry), which is needed in order to
run some commands, such as genklemsamp.

Take a look at this discussion:
http://www.radiance-online.org:82/pipermail/radiance-general/2014-July/010431.html

PS: There was also a tutorial about the Radiance Installation on window SO
(I guess by NREL) called "Getting Started with Radiance", but it seems to
be disappeared.

Cheers,
Giuseppe

> Hello Jiajie,
>
> Are you aware of the NREL precompiled WINDOWS Radiance
> <https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases>? I have succesfully used them
> at work along with Raspberry Perl. If that does not convince you, I guess
> you can keep trying Cygwin... but I have no idea how to help you there.
>
> Bye!
>
> Germán

>> hi everyone,
>>
>> I am a student and i am completely new to Radiance.
>> I have already installed Cygwin and downloaded the latest source code.
>> Could someone tell me how to install Radiance on my windows 7 system in
>> detail?
>>
>> many thanks,
>> Jiajie

*Giuseppe De Michele*