[Radiance-general] Installing Radiance on OS Yosemite_make: *** [serial.unf] Error 127

Todor Syarov thodor at abv.bg
Tue Jan 20 07:01:47 PST 2015

 Dear all,

  I wanted to install on Mac/Yosemite/ Radiance
  rad4R2supp.tar.gz
  Xcode is installed and updated for compatibility with OS Yosemite*
  following the instruction :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptTmdKSfK68#t=137  I believe I have done something wrong installing it:
  #after setting the Raypath , Path and Manpath as in the video  #I have unpacked benchmark  #typed
:make (command)// "i have one processor"
  and experienced the following error

  ------------------    CHANGES
  2010-12-01
 MJS
 reworked Makefile and options so that same code will

 work on any version of Radiance going back ~5 years
  2011-03-24
 MJS
 removed "-pm 0.0" from optionsbase because rpiece throws

 an error in 4R1

  Niyas-iMac:bench4 niya$ make
  /bin/sh: rpict: command not found
  /bin/sh: rpict: command not found
  rm -f serial.unf
  time rpict @viewpoint @options -x 2048 -y 2048 -t 60 -o serial.unf scene.oct
  rpict: No such file or directory

 0.00 real

 0.00 user

 0.00 sys
  make: *** [serial.unf] Error 127
  How do you solve such problem in order to proceed with installing Radiance on Mac?
Best Regards,  Niya