[Radiance-general] modeling trees in Radiance

Joe Smith the.oat.cracker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 00:55:47 PST 2015

Dear all, thank you very much!

To Greg: May I ask, if I also want to consider reflection or scattering of
the sphere surface, how should I specify the parameters for the trans type
of material? and what does the "trans" parameter for trans material means?

To German: Thank you for the tip of using a mixfunc! Can you advise on how
to specify the funcfile to define the pattern and proportion of mixing of
void and plastic materials?

To Compagnon: Thank you for the square-root reminder!

To Christopher and Greg: Thanks for the tip on mist! Can we imagine the
tree object modeled in this way as a hollowed sphere whose surface is
composed of a texture with an "alternating void and plastic" pattern, and
the inside of the sphere is filled with a lump of "mysterious" fog ...?