[Radiance-general] Three Phase Method Tutorial - Example 1

Alireza Hashemloo alireh at uw.edu
Mon Dec 28 19:09:14 PST 2015

Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for your response.

1) Following your recommendation to provide the first 10 lines in the
daylight matrix and sky vector files:

Daylight matrix file (10 first lines):

#?RADIANCE
oconv materials/box_03.mat objects/box_03.rad sky/sky_white1.rad
rcontrib -c 1000 -e MF:4 -f reinhart.cal -b rbin -bn Nrbins -m sky_mat -faf
SOFTWARE= RADIANCE 4.2a lastmod  by  on w015t-001
CAPDATE= 2015:11:24 13:39:14
GMT= 2015:11:24 21:39:14
NCOMP=3
NCOLS=2306
FORMAT=float

Sky vector file (10 first lines):

#?RADIANCE
genskyvec -m 4 -c 1 1 1
NROWS=2306
NCOLS=1
NCOMP=3
FORMAT=ascii

6.78784323    6.78784323    6.78784323
12.3089937    12.3089937    12.3089937
12.399048    12.399048    12.399048

2) I managed to find the error in my process following the Example 1 in the
second tutorial (
https://www.gitbook.com/book/andymcneil/three-phase-method-tutorial/details).
However, I encountered the following error message in the last step using
the dctimestep call to generate renderings:

"fatal - unexpected column count in header"

Thank you for your help,
Alireza