[Radiance-general] Radiance-general Digest, Vol 142, Issue 5

Per Haugaard perhaugaard at yahoo.dk
Fri Dec 4 08:06:04 PST 2015

Hi Greg and Thomas,
The obvious solution blinded me :)Thank you very much for your input.

Best regards
Per Haugaard

    Den 14:16 fredag den 4. december 2015 skrev Greg Ward <gregoryjward at gmail.com>:

 Hi Per,
You should try using a single box, setting it up so that the sides visible from your viewpoint are just inside the wall and ceiling of your space.  That way, your rays will start in the appropriate place.  Your rays are probably starting outside your space with your current box placements.
Cheers,-Greg

From: Per Haugaard <perhaugaard at yahoo.dk>Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] Radiance-general Digest, Vol 142, Issue 5Date: December 4, 2015 8:38:21 AM GMT+01:00

Hi group,
I have put the octree info and the picture for my rendering at http://phaugaard.blogspot.dk/2015/12/two-clipping-boxes.html Both clipping boxes are quite big and cut off one side and the top respectively. The only thing that is removed in the pictere is where the two clipping boxes intersect.
I am not familiar with the second option mentioned in the paper (used to "peek into" a space while preserving the geometry for the traced rays).
How does the second option work?
Once again thank you for your help.

Best regards
Per Haugaard