[Radiance-general] Using two clipping boxes in visualization of lighting distribution

Per Haugaard perhaugaard at yahoo.dk
Thu Dec 3 06:34:32 PST 2015

Dear group,
I would like to use two clipping boxes to "cut off" the top and side in my model to better visualize lighting distribution in my design.I have tried to include two clipping boxes in a clipping box octree:
oconv objects/BOX_top.rad objects/BOX_PL2-3.rad > octrees/Clipping_box.oct

I then use vwrays for illustration:
vwrays -fd -vf views/View_perspective.vf -x 1000 -y 1000 | rtrace -w -h -fd -opd octrees/Clipping_box.oct | rtrace -w -ab 1 -fdc `vwrays -d -vf views/View_perspective.vf -x 1000 -y 1000` octrees/office.oct > images/office.pic

My problem is that the only things that seem to be "cut off" is the intersecting part of the two boxes.
Is there a way to work with two clipping boxes to "cut off" the top and side in a model for better visualization of the lighting distribution?
Any input is much appreciated.

Best regards
Per Haugaard