[Radiance-general] mirror and mixfunc

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at epfl.ch
Tue Dec 1 06:44:00 PST 2015

Hi all,

I got stuck a bit applying mixfunc and mirror material. It seems that
the check for secondary light sources is partly disabled when applying
(at least I assume so).

A simple example:

lets assume an ideal mirror

void mirror testmat1
0
0
3 1 1 1

If I use just this  material on a surface and start an rtrace sending to
the surface, then I get the correct result for both options - either
rtrace or rtrace -I. So far so good.

In case I use a (stupid, but simple) mixfunc:

void mixfunc test_mix
4 testmat1 testmat1 0.5 .
0
0

I should get the same result, since I'm mixing the same material with a
fixed value.
But: rtrace -I delivers only 0, whereas rtrace delivers the correct
value. So it seems that mixfunc cannot be applied with mirror, when the
-I option is used. Or I did something wrong?
I used -dr 2 and -dt 0 in both cases.

Of course my ultimate goal is not mixing that simple but mixing two
different material types, also depending on the angle of incidence, but
this simple example shows the principle problem.

Is there any solution using mixfunc and mirror when using rtrace -I ?

Jan

--
Dr.-Ing.  Jan Wienold
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)

http://people.epfl.ch/jan.wienold
LE 1 111 (Office)
Phone    +41 21 69 30849