[Radiance-general] instructions for compiling pre-releases

Chris Kallie kallie at umn.edu
Sat Aug 1 16:00:35 PDT 2015

Hello Rob, developers,

Thanks for your helpful comments. I managed to install rad4R0supp.tar.gz
and radiance-HEAD.tgz. However, I had to install XQuartz to avoid
errors. Still lots of installation warnings though.

Also, the github releases seem to be different than the releases
mentioned above. Other than warnings, my standard (non-github)
installations seem to be working. I might benefit from using CMake, but
I don't know how to use it.

As long as the warnings are non-problematic, I am happy with the
installations that seem to be working.

Thanks for your help!
-Chris

Installation output, in case the devs find them useful..

1) Radiance 4.2 installation (output: www.kallie.org/RadInfo/Rad42info.txt )
2) Radiance-4.2.2.tar.gz did not have a lib folder, so I tried adding
one, but it installed with errors (output:
www.kallie.org/RadInfo/Rad422info.txt )
3) rad4R0supp.tar.tz and radiance-HEAD.tgz (output:
www.kallie.org/RadInfo/Rad50info.txt )