[Radiance-general] Radiance development

Boettger, Richard G. (JSC-SF)[WYLE INTEG. SCI. & ENG.] richard.g.boettger at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 23 10:40:32 PDT 2015

Thanks Rob!

-----Original Message-----
From: Guglielmetti, Robert [mailto:Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:34 PM
To: radiance-general at radiance-online.org
Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] Radiance development

P.S.

The GitHub mirror is synced with CVS HEAD hourly, and is merged to the "combined" branch:

https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/tree/combined

The releases posted on the NREL GitHub site reflect the release state of LBL's main site. So yes, 4.2.2 is the latest official release

https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases/tag/4.2.2

When we make new pre-release (HEAD) packages on GitHub, we add an increment to the tail end of the package name, so "5.0.a.1" is the first package NREL made with the HEAD release after the source had been bumped to v5.0a. Sometime real soon now (I swear) we'll be able to build HEAD on Windows, and I'll make a 5.0.a.2 release tag, which will include a Windows installer.

https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases/tag/5.0.a.1

There is also a Radiance community page on Facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/RadianceSimulation?fref=ts