[Radiance-general] DGP

J. Alstan Jakubiec alstan at jakubiec.net
Wed Apr 22 07:21:55 PDT 2015

Hi Alejandro,

One option is to run the evalglare program with the -d and -c parameters.
 > evalglare -d -c check.hdr image.hdr

This will do two things: (*1*) the -d option will give you a list of all
contrast-based glare sources, including reflections from your facade;
(*2*) the -c option will colour the separate contrast-based glare
sources randomly in the check.hdr file. You can even plug the values
from 1 into the contrast half of the DGP equation.

Of course running the calculations either with the building as a black
hole or (more realistically) as not present at all produces some
comparative value as well.

Best,
Alstan