[Radiance-general] Frit Glass trans Paramters

Andrew McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 6 17:28:07 PDT 2015

Aditya,

Well, shoot. Glaze is one of the few remaining c-shell scripts, which means
it won't run in DOS. Yes, you could install CGWIN. But, to save you the
hassle I've run it using the parameters you gave and the database from
Jack's blog (thanks Jack!). Though I put the frit on surface 3, because
glaze won't let you use a frit and low-e coating on the same surface. I
don't really know what effect putting the frit on surface 3 vs. underneath
the low-e on surface 2 has, but I'd guess you're much better off than had
you used a simple trans material. The BRTDfunc material definition is at
the very end of the text copied below.

hope this helps,
Andy

glaze -f jacksLibrary.db
Adding glazing types from file jacksLibrary.db :
ppg-clear-6
vir-ve12m
vir-ve22m
vir-ve32m
vir-ve42m
vir-ve52m
vir-ve62m
vir-ve72m
vir-ve82m
v-175
v-933
Enter the number of panes in the system: 2

Window normal faces interior

  | |    | |
  | |    | |
  | |    | |
  | |    | |-->
  | |    | |
  | |    | |
  | |    | |
 s1 s2  s3 s4

Supported surface types are:
   1 - ppg-clear-6
   2 - vir-ve12m
   3 - vir-ve22m
   4 - vir-ve32m
   5 - vir-ve42m
   6 - vir-ve52m
   7 - vir-ve62m
   8 - vir-ve72m
   9 - vir-ve82m
   10 - v-175
   11 - v-933

What is the type of s1? 1
What is the type of s2? 9
What is the type of s3? 10
What is the type of s4? 1
Enter fraction coverage for s3 (0-1): .6

# Glazing produced by Radiance glaze script
# $Revision: 2.8 $
# Loaded: jacksLibrary.db
# Mon Apr  6 17:18:12 PDT 2015
# Material surface normal points to interior
# Number of panes in system: 2
# Exterior surface s1 type: ppg-clear-6
# Inner surface s2 type: vir-ve82m
# Inner surface s3 type: v-175
# s3 coating coverage: .6
# Interior surface s4 type: ppg-clear-6
# Exterior normal hemispherical reflectance: 0.193682287
# Interior normal hemispherical reflectance: 0.23918856
# Normal hemispherical transmittance: 0.287884687
#
void BRTDfunc glaze2_unnamed
10
if(Rdot,cr(1*rclr,0.4*1*tclr,fr(0.022)),cr(fr(0.052),ft(0.5),0.4*rclr))
if(Rdot,cr(1*rclr,0.4*1*tclr,fr(0.036)),cr(fr(0.055),ft(0.648),0.4*rclr))
if(Rdot,cr(1*rclr,0.4*1*tclr,fr(0.024)),cr(fr(0.056),ft(0.505),0.4*rclr))
0.4*1*ft(0.5)*tclr
0.4*1*ft(0.648)*tclr
0.4*1*ft(0.505)*tclr
0 0 0