[Radiance-general] Reflectance data

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 14:14:10 PDT 2014

You can use the routines defined in src/common/ccolor.h to convert from spectral measurements to a CIE color and from there to RGB:

#include "ccolor.h"
{
	C_COLOR		clr;
	float				spec_data[MYNWL];
	float				rgb[3];
	double			myLuminance = 0.5;

	/* set spec_data[] array] */
	c_sset(&clr, 344.0, 1045.0, spec_data, MYNWL);
	ccy2rgb(&clr, myLuminance, rgb);
}

Note that you have to decide the number of wavelengths ahead of time, and they must be evenly spaced.

I've arbitrarily set the overall Y value to 0.5, but of course you set it to what you need.  I can't help you with that part.

Cheers,
-Greg