[Radiance-general] rcontrib progress report

Rob Guglielmetti rob.guglielmetti at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 13:52:33 PDT 2014

I thought due to RLE, output file length was an unreliable predictor of time remaining. What am I getting wrong now?

-Rob

From: Greg Ward <gregoryjward at gmail.com>
Reply: Radiance general discussion <radiance-general at radiance-online.org>>
Date: October 27, 2014 at 10:43:50 AM
To: Radiance general discussion <radiance-general at radiance-online.org>>
Subject:  Re: [Radiance-general] rcontrib progress report

You can look at the length of each output file as an indicator of percent completion.  A 1920x1080 picture file will be approximately 1920x1080x4 bytes long when finished.

Hope this helps.

Subject: [Radiance-general] rcontrib progress report
Date: October 27, 2014 4:36:39 AM PDT

Folks

Is there a way to know the progress of the rcontrib run? I am creating images with rcontrib, and all I can see is the 2000+ images being updated every now and then, without knowing when is this going to end.

Thanks

Ery