[Radiance-general] can't get the PATH, RAYPATH and MANPATH set correctly

Joe Smith the.oat.cracker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 05:56:02 PDT 2014

Hi, I don't seem to be able to get the my Radiance environment variable set
correctly after the following steps:

1. install the latest Radiance 4.2.1 for Mac which is installed to the
*/usr/local/radiance* folder.

2. use *"**pico ~/.profile*" to edit *.profile* and add the following lines:

*export PATH=/usr/local/radiance/bin:$PATHexport
RAYPATH=.:/usr/local/radiance/libexport MANPATH=/usr/local/radiance/man*

However, when I type "which gensky" in the terminal, it still points me to
the path of gensky in a different location: "/usr/local/bin" where copies
of some Radiance programs are put previously.

I wonder why the editing of .profile didn't work in this case even if I
restarted my computer ...

So, can I have some advices on how to:
1. clear up earlier copies of Radiance programs
2. do a clean installation of Radiance
3. and set its environmental variables correctly?

Thanks!