[Radiance-general] Size of ground the plane

Alejandro Pacheco Diéguez paxeco2205 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 01:36:56 PDT 2014

Hi all, I am assessning DF levels in a 4th floor of a building in an unobstructed area, so I am not considering any surrounding building just a ground plane that I modeled as a circle.Almost by chance I discovered increasing the size of my ground plane has a significant effect on my DF. Using a ground plane of 500m radius I had an average of 3.34%, if I increase it to 1000meters I get over 12%. As long as I understand, this should not have such a big effect, should it? Could I be doing something wrong? Can I do something to make sure I get reasonable values?I am running the simulation though DIVA for Rhino in Grasshopper. My radiance parameters are: -ab 7 -ad 2048 -as 1024 -ar 256 -aa 0.1. My ground plane reflectance is 0.25. Thanks in advance, Alejandro