[Radiance-general] CIE version in gensky

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 17:40:13 PST 2014

Hi Ehsan,

The gensky command has overcast and clear sky distributions based on an older CIE standard.  I don't remember which one, but gensky was written in the late 80's.  Subsequently in 1991 or so, I added an "intermediate" sky type, but I'm not sure it adheres to the newer 2002 standard.

Most people who care about the sky distribution using gendaylit, but if enough people really want it, I could see about updating gensky to the current CIE standard(s).

Cheers,
-Greg